- Published: Thursday, 09 November 2017 10:50
- Written by 3x1
Hickory is an award-winning Scottish event and venue caterer based in Musselburgh, East Lothian and one of our approved catering suppliers at Assembly Rooms Edinburgh.
It’s been a rewarding year for the Hickory team, winning Sustainable Business of the Year at the CIS Excellence awards and more recently winning Best Place to Work for Women at the inaugural Business Women Scotland Awards, The Green Award at Scottish Event Awards.
With the festive season upon us, we caught up with Hickory and asked them all about creating the perfect Christmas party.
Hickory provides 5 top tips for creating the perfect Christmas party.
- Establish your guest list and find out or establish the budget per head. By knowing what you have to spend on the different elements you can choose what’s important and also you don’t start planning something that is unrealistic.
- Who’s coming – is it colleagues you are rewarding for a successful year/performance or a showcase to thank your clients, are partners or family invited? This is probably the most important question as it will set the tone for almost the entire event including the styling, food, drinks and entertainment.
- Plan a year out – you’d be surprised at how quickly popular city centre venues sell out, our clients will often book 2-3 years at a time, particularity when there’s a set date you like to stick to. Oh and have you ever tried to book a Santa six weeks before Christmas – it’s pretty tricky.
- Keep it fresh – the familiarity of a venue is comforting and how the space works is essential but how you style and theme the event can make an all-important difference. Change it up each year, go for all-out frosted fantasy or subtle winter hues and foliage, it will really set the scene for your guests.
- What are we eating? Consult with our development chef and choose a style of food for the event, incorporating the theme where possible. Make sure you accommodate as many dietary requirements as possible, make it exciting too!
Working with one of Edinburgh’s largest corporate investment companies, Hickory devised an informal Christmas event for 700 of their valued employees. The evening was relaxed and laid-back night where guests could pop along to for a little or as long as they liked with different food on offer to suit all tastes.
Working closely with their events team and event agency, Hickory design a completely unique experience with traditional Christmas market stalls serving a range of Christmas inspired dishes from posh pulled turkey rolls to dainty chestnut pies and even a giant yule log.
Each market stall was constructed from wooden frames which Hickory styled with winter foliage and fairy lights to fit the theme. This design was replicated throughout the Ballroom with every corner being dressed with wooden crates, candles, logs, foliage and fairy lights.
The stunning Assembly Rooms Ballroom and the beautiful Christmas theme was so impactful and popular, it is now available for all Christmas events held at The Assembly Rooms.